A | A | A
Awareness Week at the Swift Current Branch of the Saskatchewan Abilities Council - September 16 to 20
August 19, 2013
Ends: September 21, 2013
Awareness Week events – September 16 to 20, 2013
Monday, September 16
- Pancake breakfast at the Branch to kick off Awareness Week
- Flag raising at City Hall with Mayor Schafer
Tuesday, September 17
- Presentations at schools – Janet Dillabaugh, Regional Director at the Swift Current Branch, will talk about history of the Council and the work we do. Objects from the awareness week will be brought in for the schools to participate in a mini form of the race.
Wednesday, September 18
- Amazing Race in Riverside Park - the focus of the race is to bring awareness to the community and give a better understanding of the barriers individuals with disabilities face in day-to-day living. Some of the barriers will affect sight, sound, touch and balance. We will also have an information booth set up with information about all areas the Council: Special Needs Equipment, Partners in Employment, Orthopaedics, Parking Program, special events and more.
Thursday, September 19
Friday September 20
- Awareness luncheon gala for community supporters - at the luncheon we will provide information about the programs and services that the Council offers and thank organizations, individuals and businesses for their continued support.
- Awareness tea for clients and family members – this gives clients the opportunity to show family members and caregivers what they do at the Council, and what how the Council helps them.
For more information contact:
Jessica Sauder, Community Relations Coordinator
Phone: (306) 773 - 2076
Fax: (306) 778 - 9188